|"Proteque Skin Protectant Lotion" (containing 0.3% Irgasan DP 300)||Staphylococcus aureus
|Placebo||0 / 0||0 / 0|
|Immediately after application||4 / 4||4 / 4|
|after 4 hours||2 / 2||2 / 2|
|after 6 hours||2 / 2||2 / 2|
|after 6 hours and two washings with placebo-soap||2 / 2||2 / 2|
|"Proteque Skin Protectant Lotion" (without Irgassan DP 300)||Staphylococcus aureus
|Placebo||0 / 0||0 / 0|
|Immediately after application||0 / 0||0 / 0|
|after 4 hours||0 / 0||0 / 0|
|after 6 hours||0 / 0||0 / 0|
|after 6 hours and two washings with placebo-soap||0 / 0||0 / 0|
Each test was performed twice and both results are given in the table.
|VR = Vinson rating|
|0 = strong growth (no activity)|
|2 = moderate growth (good activity)|
|4 = no growth (very good activity)|
Microbiological test methods
Finger print test (Ciba method No. 139)
1. "Proteque Skin Protectant Lotion"
Lab Ref#:l IM086D/B#l 2801 (containing 0.3% Irgasan DP 300)
2. "Proteque Skin Protectant Lotion"
Lab Ref#:l IM086D-Placebo/Ol 30 (without Irgasan DP 300)
3. Anti-Bacterial Hand Lotion (containing 0.3% Irgasan DP 300)
Test bacteria: Staphylococcus aureus ATCC 9144
Escherichia coli NCTC 8196
Nutrient medium: Casein soy meal pepton agar
Incubation: 24 hours at 37°C
1. The hands were wetted for 15 sec. under running tap water.
2. Hands were washed with a placebo soap, rinsed and dried.
3. Finger tips were pressed lightly on the solidified agar medium containing test bacteria. For preparation of the agar plates, 3.5 ml of a 1:1000 diluted over-night culture was added to 500 ml agar.( for Escherichia coli, and a 1: 1 00 diluted over-night culture for Staphylococcus aureus)
4. Subsequently hands were rubbed with 3 ml test formulation and dried.
5. The finger tips were pressed lightly on the prepared plates for 30 sec.
6. During the incubation phase, the antimicrobial substance is allowed to diffuse into the agar resulting in clear zones due to inhibition of the bacterial growth. For testing the remnant effect, step 5 was repeated 4 and 6 hours after application of the product, After the 6 hours print has been performed the hands have been washed twice with placebo soap for 30 seconds under running tap water. Between both washing cycles, the finger tips were again pressed lightly on the prepared plates for 30 sec.
[Company Information] [Research Results] [Product Information] [New Information]
[How to Contact Us] [Physician Education] [Consumer Education] [Press Releases] [Home]
Copyright ©2014 by Nature's Innovation, Inc.